from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A list of potential murder victims.
- n. Slang A list designating a target, as for attack, coercion, or elimination: "had a hit list of executives he wanted fired” ( New York).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A roster of potential victims, especially a list of people to be killed.
- n. A similar list of people to be approached for a charitable donation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a list of victims to be eliminated (as by murder)
Sorry, no etymologies found.