from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of certain coarse weedy plants of the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any coarse weedy herb.
- n. An umbelliferous plant, of genus Heracleum, some of them being poisonous.
- n. Certain plants from the genera Ambrosia, Erigeron, or Heracleum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A common weed (Ambrosia artemisiæge). See ambrosia, 3.
- n. In England, the Heracleum Sphondylium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of several plants, as Heracleum Sphondylium, Polygonum aviculare, and Ambrosia artemisiæfolia. The poisonous hogweed is Aristolochia grandiflora of the West Indies.
- n. In the West Indies, any one of several plants of the genus Boerhaavia, especially B. erecta, which is much relished by hogs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. tall coarse plant having thick stems and cluster of white to purple flowers
hog + weed (Wiktionary)