from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card in stud poker that is dealt face-down and that the holder is not obliged to reveal before the showdown.
- n. Informal Something held in reserve until it can be used advantageously.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A playing card, dealt face down, that the holder need not reveal until the showdown
- n. Something held in reserve, or concealed, until it is useful
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (poker) a playing card dealt face down and not revealed until the showdown
- n. any assets that are concealed until they can be used advantageously
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.