from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of homogenize.
- adj. Having been made homogenous, said especially of milk (which when homogenized no longer separates into cream and skim milk).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. formed by blending unlike elements, especially by reducing one element to particles and dispersing them throughout another substance.
- adj. rendered homogeneous.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. made homogeneous
- adj. formed by blending unlike elements especially by reducing one element to particles and dispersing them throughout another substance
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Furthermore: how do you explain the UEA's Climate Research Unit ADMITTING that they destroyed the "raw data", leaving only the processed and "homogenized" results?
The Chinese Empire "homogenized" much of Asia, the Greeks "homogenized" the Eastern Mediterranean, which a little while later was reduced to being "a Roman Lake"; the Arabs then "homogenized" North Africa and the middle East, and so on.
Now this brings me to a favorite hobbyhorse-- I've been writing for years that fast-risen breads seem tasteless, and most bread machine breads have a "homogenized" flavor no matter what you put into them.
Now the Bishop wants to destroy all of that for a "homogenized" church - American.
What Eschenbach found was that there is "indisputable evidence that the 'homogenized' data has been changed to fit someone's preconceptions about whether the earth is warming."
But a lot of times it does look kind of homogenized to me, and …
Simpson lamented the "homogenized" feel of modern radio.
One of the things I liked about this restaurant was its attention to detail and authenticity in its dishes, choosing to buck the "homogenized" Greek restaurant trend found in most Northern NJ Greek eateries with its real Pork Gyro and use of real imported Greek ingredients.
The record I was given from China, claimed to have been "homogenized" and also shows no overall warming.
I think we're all suffering from being 'homogenized' right now in this country.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.