from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having the same pronunciation.
- adj. homophonic; sounding the same
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to a homophone or homophony.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of the same pitch; of like sound.
- In philology: Agreeing in sound but differing in sense. See homophone, 2.
- Expressing the same sound or letter with another: as, a homophonous hieroglyphic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. characteristic of the phenomenon of words of different origins that are pronounced the same way
Sorry, no etymologies found.