from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of a function of two or more variables in which the ratio of the partial derivatives depends only on the ratio of the variables, not their value
- adj. in which the ratio of goods demanded depends only on the ratio of their prices
- adj. the relationship of a microcosm to a macrocosm
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In geometry, similar and similarly placed; in homology with reference to the line at infinity as axis of homology.
- n. A transformation which changes every plane figure into a homothetic figure.
Sorry, no etymologies found.