from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of a wide variety of plants grown indoors, often for decorative purposes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A plant that is grown indoors in places such as a house or office for decorative purposes.
- n. A variety of plant that is especially suited to such cultivation, or that is frequently grown in such settings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any of a variety of plants grown indoors for decorative purposes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of a variety of plants grown indoors for decorative purposes
Combination of house + plant. (Wiktionary)