American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of a wide variety of plants grown indoors, often for decorative purposes.
- n. A plant that is grown indoors in places such as a house or office for decorative purposes.
- n. A variety of plant that is especially suited to such cultivation, or that is frequently grown in such settings.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. any of a variety of plants grown indoors for decorative purposes.
- n. any of a variety of plants grown indoors for decorative purposes
- Combination of house + plant. (Wiktionary)
“What you normally call a houseplant they know to be Mother Nature's clean air machine.”
“A woman who laughingly called me a "houseplant" but let me spend my vacation as I wanted, loved me as I was.”
“Well, known as salvia divinorum, this leafy "houseplant" is a highly-potent relative of sage and mint plants.”
“Pot plant Potted plant (or, as we have discussed, mostly "houseplant", or was it "house plant"?) 2 by 4 (construction) vs. 4 by 2 (I don't remember which is which) (”
“You may have caught a glimpse of gymnastics on TV, noticed a fresh bloom on a houseplant or eaten a just-ripe Granny Smith apple -- these are all things that to me would conjure the quality of energy I seek.”
“I even recently used the app to find out that the houseplant in my room is native to southeast Asia.”
“Q: What is the easiest houseplant to take care of?”
“It is often planted as a low growing (to 3 feet) border and can be grown as a houseplant or hothouse plant anywhere.”
“Indoors, it is grown as a houseplant, climbing on support to as much as 10 feet.”
“A growing body of research suggests the humble houseplant boasts significant powers to clean the air in homes and other buildings of common toxins such as formaldehyde, ammonia & benzene.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘houseplant’.
Words of 10 letters, all different, can be used for encrypting, pretty securely, such things as PINs and passwords. The fly in the ointment, for me, in keeping track of them is I've got to write '...
"House" words and phrases, literal and figurative. If another word comes before "house" in the phrase, it's listed on its own; if the phrase starts with "house," I've listed the part that comes aft...
Looking for tweets for houseplant.