from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. To whatever degree or extent.
- adv. By whatever means.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In any manner whatsoever.
- adv. To whatever degree or extent; however.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. In what manner soever; to whatever degree or extent; however.
- adj. Although; though; however.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In what manner or to what degree soever.
- Although; notwithstanding.
- Be that as it may; in any case; nevertheless.
how + soever (Wiktionary)