from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The long bone of the arm or forelimb, extending from the shoulder to the elbow.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The bone of the upper arm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bone of the brachium, or upper part of the arm or fore limb.
- n. The part of the limb containing the humerus; the brachium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In anatomy: The bone of the upper arm, extending from the shoulder-joint to the elbow-joint.
- n. The proscapula of fishes: so called by Cuvier and his followers.
- n. The mesocoracoid of fishes: so designated by Owen and others.
- n. The shoulder or upper arm and associated parts.
- n. In entomology: The femur of the fore leg; the brachium.
- n. The subcostal or sub-marginal vein of the fore wing of certain hymenopters.
- n. The front corner of the thoracic region seen from above; the shoulder: this may be the prothorax, as in Coleoptera, or the mesothorax, as in Diptera.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. bone extending from the shoulder to the elbow
Latin, upper arm.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Late Latin humerus, from umerus. (Wiktionary)