from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who hurts another.
- n. A beam on a gun-platform that prevents damage from the wheels of a gun-carriage
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A bodily injury causing pain; a wound, bruise, or the like.
- n. An injury causing pain of mind or conscience; a slight; a stain; as of sin.
- n. Injury; damage; detriment; harm; mischief.
- n. One who hurts or does harm.
- n. A butting piece; a strengthening piece, esp.: (Mil.) A piece of wood at the lower end of a platform, designed to prevent the wheels of gun carriages from injuring the parapet.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which hurts.
- n. Milit.: A beam placed at the lower end of a platform to prevent the wheels of a gun-carriage from injuring the parapet.
- n. A wooden or iron piece bolted to the top rails of a gun-carriage, either in front or in the rear (in the latter case called a counter-hurter), to check its motion.
- n. In a vehicle: The shoulder of an axle, against which the hub strikes.
- n. A reinforcing piece on the shoulder of an axle.
to hurt + -er (Wiktionary)