from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The waters of the earth's surface as distinguished from those of the lithosphere and the atmosphere.
- n. The water vapor in the earth's atmosphere.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. All the waters of the Earth, as distinguished from the land and the gases of the atmosphere.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The aqueous vapor of the entire atmosphere.
- n. The aqueous envelope of the earth, including the ocean, all lakes, streams, and underground waters, and the aqueous vapor in the atmosphere.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The aqueous envelop of the globe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the watery layer of the earth's surface; includes water vapor
Sorry, no etymologies found.