from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A clear colorless alkaline aqueous solution of calcium hydroxide, used in calamine lotion and other skin preparations and sometimes as an antacid.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a solution of calcium hydroxide in water, used as a simple test for carbon dioxide, and in skin preparations
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Water impregnated with lime; esp., an artificial solution of lime for medicinal purposes.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A saturated aqueous solution of lime.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. solution of calcium hydroxide in water used as an antacid
Sorry, no etymologies found.