from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Potable water.
- n. Water treated to remove salts or noxious inclusions.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A variety of white grape, having a sweet watery juice; -- also called white sweetwater, and white muscadine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A white variety of the European grape, with notably sweet juice. It is among those varieties which are most grown in hothouses.
- n. In sugar-manuf, exhaust-steam from the vacuum-pans which contains more or less entrained syrup.
- n. A manufacturers' name for the aqueous solution of glycerin which is a by-product of the lime saponification of fats in preparing the fatty acids for candle-making.
sweet + water (Wiktionary)