American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of or relating to rain or rainy regions.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or relating to rain, or its distribution with reference to different regions; descriptive of the rainfall of different districts; pluvial; rainy.
- adj. rare Pertaining to rain.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Of or pertaining to rain; descriptive of the distribution of rain, or of rainy regions.
- From Ancient Greek ὑετός (huetos, "rain"). (Wiktionary)
- From Greek hūetos, rain; see seuə-2 in Indo-European roots. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The amount of rain-fall, as shown by the hyetal, or rain-chart, of North”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘hyetal’.
is it rain, sprinkles, showers, sleet, or drizzle?
Are those drops, droplets?
Is the weatherman just using the word precipitation?
Is the scientist causing ...
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
with a chance of mizzle
i can't never forget thiccyn's!
Hecko, words! I’m so happy I’ve found you. I want to keep you all and never want to lose you again. I hope you like it here.
Selections from Mrs. Byrne's Dictionary of Unusual, Obscure and Preposterous Words by Josefa Heifetz Byrne (University Books, 1974). Definitions in the comments when not available elsewhere.
Looking for tweets for hyetal.