Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Equidistantial surface.
- n. In four-dimensional space, the three-dimensional quadric spaces through the intersection of X5 = 0 and where is a three-dimensional space which is met by any line of S4 in two points.
- n. geometry The set of all points in a given hyperspace that are at a given distance from a given point.
- n. sports A zorb; the act of zorbing, entering a zorbing ball, strapping into a harness, and rolling down a hill.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A mathematical object existing in more than three dimensions, analogous to the sphere in that all points on the surface are equidistant from the central point; a generalization of a sphere in more than three dimensions.
- hyper- + sphere (Wiktionary)
“Sometimes the term hypersphere is used to denote the hypersolid, the portion of four-space inclosed by this locus, which is then called the boundary or hypersurface of the hypersphere.”
“Either that or it has something to do with the hypersphere as described by Poincaré, making the universe finite but unbounded.”
“Its probably more like a finite hypersphere 4-dimensional sphere-like-thing.”
“It is relevant to discussions between Sam, myself, Lawrence, John, and a few others earlier in the thread, considering a hypersphere universe and the merging of GR/SR/QM.”
“Make arbitrary Earth-style coordinates for a hypersphere.”
“~ Also from Joe: Kosmic Coordinates on the Kronos mandala or, the birth of a hypersphere.”
“She never heard the ringing in a locked safe of the hypersphere shaking from the shock of the music of a siren.”
“If the mansion stood on a hypersphere slightly greater in diameter than the mansion grounds, a person could move from any point to any other with what, in three-space, would seem to be right angles.”
“For a moment, I gave off a shaking shock wave similar to what the hypersphere had done; but something was carried with it.”
“The shock waves the hypersphere gave off were only "sound" along one surface (hypersurface?) of the concentrically expanding ripples of pressure.”
Looking for tweets for hypersphere.