from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To breathe abnormally fast or deeply so as to effect hyperventilation.
- intransitive v. To breathe in this manner as from excitement or anxiety.
- transitive v. To subject to hyperventilation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To breathe quickly and deeply
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. to breathe rapidly and deeply; to breathe excessively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce hyperventilation in
- v. breathe excessively hard and fast
hyper- + ventilate (Wiktionary)