Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Divination by means of the heads or the entrails of fishes.
- n. Divination interpreting the appearance and behaviour of fish. A form of augury.
- n. Divination interpreting the entrails of fish. A form of aruspicy.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Divination by the heads or the entrails of fishes.
- ichthyo- + -mancy, from Ancient Greek ichthyo- stem from ichthys, a "fish". (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ichthyomancy’.
denoting or relating to divination by a specified means
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
mancies - fancy and otherwise - many from the vatic attic
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
"It was then that Delirium noticed that she had absent-mindedly transformed into a hundred and eleven perfect, tiny multicolored fish."
Assortment of fishy or somehow entertaining fish...
Looking for tweets for ichthyomancy.