from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The representation of ideas by graphic symbols.
- n. The use of ideograms to express ideas.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The use of ideograms.
- n. logography
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The representation of ideas independently of sounds, or in an ideographic manner, as sometimes is done in shorthand writing, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The direct representation of ideas by graphic signs. See ideographic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the use of ideograms in writing
ideo- + -graphy (Wiktionary)