from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A gliding in; an immission or entrance of one thing into another.
- n. A sudden descent or attack.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To fall or glide; to pass; -- usually followed by into.
- n. A gliding in; an immisson or entrance of one thing into another; also, a sudden descent or attack.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass, glide, or slide: usually followed by into.
- n. A gliding in or into; entrance as by permeation; influx: used especially of the descent of the Holy Spirit.
- n. Inspiration; divine influx.
- n. A falling on; onset.
Latin illapsus. (Wiktionary)