from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To form (something) into pearls.
- transitive v. To adorn with or as if with pearls.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To form into pearls, or make pearly.
- v. To decorate as if with pearls.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To form into pearls, or into that which resembles pearls.
- transitive v. To decorate as with pearls or with anything resembling pearls.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To form into pearls or the resemblance of pearls.
- To decorate with or as if with pearls.
im- + pearl (Wiktionary)