from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, related to, or being the aspect that expresses the action denoted by the verb without regard to its beginning or completion.
- n. The imperfective aspect.
- n. An imperfective verb form.
- n. A verb having an imperfective form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to the imperfective aspect
- n. the imperfective aspect, or a verb having this aspect
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to express action not completed (either continuous or repeated at various times): applied to a form or ‘aspect’ of the Slavic verb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. aspect without regard to the beginning or completion of the action of the verb
Sorry, no etymologies found.