from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To breathe (something) in; inhale.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To breathe (something) in; imbreathe.
- v. To inspire (a person); communicate by inspiration; infuse by breathing.
- v. To draw in as breath; inhale; inspire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To infuse by breathing; to inspire.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To infuse by breathing; communicate by inspiration.
From Middle English inbrethen, equivalent to in- + breathe. (Wiktionary)