from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. As a minor or subordinate matter: by profession a lawyer and incidentally a musician.
- adv. Apart from the main subject; parenthetically.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In an incidental manner; not of central or critical importance.
- adv. By chance; in an unplanned way.
- adv. Parenthetically, by the way.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In an incidental manner; as an incident; casually.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. of a minor or subordinate nature
- adv. introducing a different topic; in point of fact
incidental + -ly (Wiktionary)