from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being indefinite or vague.
- n. An indefinite number or quantity.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Indefiniteness; vagueness; also, number or quantity not limited by our understanding, though yet finite.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Number or quantity beyond determination or estimation.
- n. Indefiniteness; want of precision.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A considerable flow of daylight thus diverted, The Convenience Merchandise Corner, even of early afternoon, fades out into half-discernible corners; a rear-wall display of overalls and striped denim coats crowded back into indefinitude, the haberdashery counter, with a giant gilt shirt-stud suspended above, hardly more outstanding.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.