American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A colorless organic liquid, C9H8, obtained from coal tar and used in preparing synthetic resins.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A colorless viscid liquid, , found in coal-tar oil. It boils at 179.5–180.5° C.
- n. organic chemistry The bicyclic hydrocarbon consisting of a benzene ring fused to one of cyclopentadiene.
- n. a colorless liquid hydrocarbon extracted from petroleum or coal tar and used in making synthetic resins
- ind(ole) + -ene. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘indene’.
All the scientific words found in the official EU nomenclature. For the screening I used Vocabgrabber of the Visual Thesaurus.
includes words of the "Prodcom list"
Looking for tweets for indene.