from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n.pl. Identifying marks; indications.
- n.pl. Markings on bulk mailings used as a substitute for stamps or cancellations.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Distinctive markings; indications.
- n. A preprinted marking on a mailpiece which shows that postage has been paid by the sender.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n.pl. Discriminating marks; signs; tokens; indications; appearances.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Discriminating marks; badges; tokens; indications; symptoms: as, indicia of fraud; indicia of disease.
Latin, pl. of indicium, sign, from index, indic-, indicator; see index.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin plural of indicium ("a notice, information, discovery, sign, mark, token"), from index ("index"); see index. (Wiktionary)