from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- intransitive v. To exist as an animating or divine inner spirit, force, or principle.
- intransitive v. To be located or implanted inside something.
- transitive v. To inhabit or reside within as such a spirit, force, or principle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To exist within, especially as a spirit or driving force.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To dwell in; to abide within; to remain in possession.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. to exist as an inner activating spirit, force, or principle
From in- + dwell. (Wiktionary)