from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Having unequal sides; unsymmetrical or lopsided
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having unequal sides; unsymmetrical; unequal-sided.
- adj. Having the two ends unequal, as in the clam, quahaug, and most lamellibranch shells.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not equilateral; having unequal sides: as, an inequilateral triangle.
- In conchology, specifically, having the anterior and posterior ends of each valve, as divided by an imaginary vertical line from the umbones, unequal.
- In Foraminifera, not having the convolutions of the shell in the same plane, but obliquely wound around an axis.
- In botany, unsymmetrical from the greater development of one side, as the leaves of Begonia, the elm, etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.