American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or involving ingress.
- adj. Grammar Inchoative.
- adj. Linguistics Of or being a speech sound produced with an inhalation of breath.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Entering; denoting entering on or beginning.
- adj. going or directed inward, entering
- adj. open to entry or examination
- adj. phonetics, of a speech sound Uttered by drawing air inward through the mouth or nose.
- adj. geology descriptive of a source or channel through which water enters or once entered an area.
- n. phonetics A speech sound in which the air stream is created by drawing air in through the mouth or nose.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘ingressive’.
A roster of adjectives that infrequently surface in typical conversation and writing. Many are dredged from scientific or other technical jargon or sieved from examples of disused archaic forms.
Looking for tweets for ingressive.