from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To supply (an organ or a body part) with nerves.
- transitive v. To stimulate (a nerve, muscle, or body part) to action.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To supply (part of the body) with nerves
- v. To stimulate a nerve (or other part of the body) into action
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To supply with nerves.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give nervous influence to; stimulate through nerves; innerve: as, the facial nerve innervates the muscles of expression.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. supply nerves to (some organ or body part)
- v. stimulate to action
Sorry, no etymologies found.