from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal An advantageous position, as in a competition.
- n. Sports The path next to the inner rail in a curved racetrack.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The lane or track nearest to the interior.
- n. Any advantage.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. the inner part of a race course; hence, colloquially, advantage of place, facilities, contacts, etc., in competition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a favorable position in a competition
- n. the inner side of a curved racecourse
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.