from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An interlinking that resembles the fingers of two hands being locked together.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of interdigitating; interdigital space.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of inserting between the fingers, or of inserting the fingers of one hand between those of the other; hence, the state of being inextricably interwoven or run into each other, as is the case with the characters of the lowest classes of plants and animals; intermixture.
- n. In anatomy, specifically— Reciprocal digitation; the state or quality of being interdigitated or reciprocally interposed by means of digitate processes.
- n. The set of spaces between digits or finger-like processes.
inter- + digitation (Wiktionary)