Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. General slaughter or destruction.
- n. destruction, massacre ("laughter. — That natural propension of self-love, and natural principle of self-preservation, will necessarily break out into wars and internecions" Hale)
- n. Mutual destruction (less common)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete Mutual slaughter or destruction; massacre.
- Latin internecio (Wiktionary)
“Verbals in cion are coercion suspicion, internecion.”
The Scholar's Spelling Assistant; Wherein the Words Are Arranged on an Improved Plan, According to Their Respective Principles of Accentuation. In a Manner Calculated to Familiarize the Art of Spelling and Pronunciation, to Remove Difficulties, and to Facilitate General Improvement Intended for the Use of Schools and Private Tuition
These user-created lists contain the word ‘internecion’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Another of my random palavery lists for terms and phrases that don't fit into any of my other lists.
Rebellious destruction, police and protestors, or just angry mobs.
Looking for tweets for internecion.