from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A section or part between two nodes, as of a nerve or stem.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A section of stem between two stem nodes.
- n. Whatever lies between two nodes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The space between two nodes or points of the stem from which the leaves properly arise.
- n. A part between two joints; a segment; specifically, one of the phalanges.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A part or space between two knots or joints.
- n. In zoology, the part of a jointed stem between any two joints, as of a polyp, a polyzoan, etc.
- n. In zoology: The contracted portion of the shaft of a feather between the slight swellings where the barbs are given off.
- n. In acoustics, the loop or part of a vibrating string between two nodes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a segment of a stem between two nodes
Sorry, no etymologies found.