American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Existing or occurring between the sexes: intersexual competition.
- adj. Having both male and female anatomical characteristics, including in varying degrees reproductive organs and secondary sexual characteristics, as a result of an abnormality of the sex chromosomes or a hormonal imbalance during embryogenesis.
- n. An intersexual person.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Existing between the sexes; exerted by one sex upon the other.
- adj. of a competition, etc. Between the sexes.
- adj. biology Having both male and female characteristics, or characteristics intermediate between the sexes.
- n. An intersexed person.
- adj. existing or occurring between the sexes
- adj. having sexual characteristics intermediate between those of male and female
“In fact, medically, there are children that are born that are called intersexual children.”
“Biologically minded authors are likely to consider TVism and TSism as "intersexual" phenomena but those are almost exclusively European scientists.”
“If something good is to come of this circus I hope it is that we all educate ourselves on gender variant people and how those of us who are intersexual or cisgendered need to be able to their own choices -- and to run, if that is what they choose to do.”
“To exist in a modern world, we must often ignore its indecorous parts: the rivers of waste we produce, the intersexual fish we create.”
“The strength of the novel lies not only in the depiction of a detailed future of hardship and privation, but in the expert characterisation of Shah: a lone figure whose origins leave him open to prejudice within the police department, and whose problematic relationship with an intersexual courtesan reveals his own deep-seated prejudices.”
“It means that Kristen Stewart must be an intersexual.”
“Well, intersexual disorders or whatever ones caling them is interesting.”
“This is a guest post by Queers United: The activist blog uniting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersexual, asexual community & straight allies in the fight for equality!”
“The activist blog uniting the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersexual, asexual community & straight allies in the fight for equality!”
“Hate crime legislation is triggered only if there is violence targeting a someone because of their membership of the following groups: Race, Color, Religion, National origin, Gender, whether female, male or intersexual, or Disability.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘intersexual’.
Words that begin, end or have sex in them.
Looking for tweets for intersexual.