from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Impossible to resolve: irresoluble conflicts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. difficult if not impossible to resolve; irresolvable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Incapable of being dissolved or resolved into parts; insoluble.
- adj. Incapable of being relieved or assisted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Not resoluble; incapable of being resolved into elements or parts; indissoluble.
- Incapable of being released or relieved.
Latin irresolūbilis : in-, not; see in-1 + resolvere, resolūt-, to untie; see resolve.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From ir- + resoluble. (Wiktionary)