from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous crustaceans of the order Isopoda, characterized by a flattened body bearing seven pairs of legs and including the sow bugs and gribbles.
- adj. Of or belonging to the order Isopoda.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of very many crustaceans, of the order Isopoda, that have a flattened body, and no carapace
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having the legs similar in structure; belonging to the Isopoda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the feet all alike, or similar in character; specifically, pertaining to the Isopoda or having their characters. Also isopodous.
- n. An isopod crustacean; any one of the Isopoda.
- n. Also isopodan, isopode.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of various small terrestrial or aquatic crustaceans with seven pairs of legs adapted for crawling
From New Latin Īsopoda, order name : iso- + New Latin -poda, -pod.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)