from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A stout military boot that extends above the knee.
- n. A person who uses bullying tactics, especially to force compliance.
- n. The spirit sustaining and motivating a militaristic, highly aggressive, or totalitarian regime or system.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A glossy leather calf-covering military boot, commonly associated with German soldiers of the WWII era
- n. The spirit that motivates a totalitarian or overly militaristic regime or policy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a man's high tasseled boot.
- n. A strong leather boot reaching up to or over the knee; it is worn mostly by soldiers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of large boot reaching up over the knee, and serving as defensive armor for the leg, introduced in the seventeenth century; now, a similar boot reaching above the knee, worn by fishermen and others.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (19th century) a man's high tasseled boot
Sorry, no etymologies found.