from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a jaw or jaws, especially of a specified kind. Often used in combination: slack-jawed; the jawed fishes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. having jaws
- adj. having a specified type of jaw
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having jaws; -- chiefly in composition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having jaws; having jaws of a specified kind: as, heavy-jawed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of animals having jaws of a specified type
Sorry, no etymologies found.