from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small folding seat, as in an automobile between the front and rear seats.
- n. A small rear seat in a sports car.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A spare seat in an aircraft cockpit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A carriage constructed with a seat which may be shifted so as to make room for second or extra seat. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An extra seat under the main seat of a buggy so arranged that the main seat can be shifted to a position further back, and the extra seat brought up in front.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a folding seat in an automobile
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.