from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A Chinese tree (Diospyros kaki) having large, edible, orange to reddish fruit with orange flesh and an enlarged, persistent calyx.
- n. The fruit of this tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative spelling of khaki.
- n. A persimmon.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The persimmon of Japan, or Chinese date, Diospyros Kaki, or its fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small deciduous Asiatic tree bearing large red or orange edible astringent fruit
- n. blackish stilt of New Zealand sometimes considered a color phase of the white-headed stilt
Japanese.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Japanese 柿 (kaki, "persimmon"). (Wiktionary)