from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A short ridge or mound of sand and gravel deposited during the melting of glacial ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A round hill or short ridge of sand or gravel deposited by a melting glacier.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A low ridge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Dialectal (Scotch) forms of comb.
- n. A peculiar elongated ridge, made up of detrital material. See eskar, and horseback, 2.
- n. A camp or fortress.
- An obsolete or dialectal (Scotch) form of comb.
Dialectal, a low ridge, from Middle English camb, comb, comb, from Old English; see gembh- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)