Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The muscular sense: the sense of muscular effort. Also kinesthesia, kinæsthesis, kinesthesis.
- n. alternative spelling of kinesthesia.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Physiol.) The perception attendant upon the movements of the muscles; the sensation accompanying movement of the muscles.
- n. the ability to feel movements of the limbs and body
- n. the perception of body position and movement and muscular tensions etc
“Both of them were aware of this through the set of sensations we refer to as kinaesthesia.”
“I actively disbelieve in an “ever after” or, as I like to call it, Pie In The Sky When You Die, because you can’t have the kinaesthesia we call affect or the recombination of sensation we call thought, memory, consciousness, without a fricking body.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘kinaesthesia’.
Touch-sense metaphors, words and terms.
Includes general touch-oriented metaphors; words that seem like puns but reference the sense of touch, like: grasp (to grasp a concept), feeli...
I had a prof in undergrad who referred to students' "fairy dress" words -- terms picked up in the first throes of learning theory that students wore out in inappropriate places, like a small child ...
Looking for tweets for kinaesthesia.