from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large penguin (Aptenodytes patagonicus) of Antarctic regions, having an orange oval on the side of the face and a yellow patch at the base of the throat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a large penguin, Aptenodytes patagonicus, that lives on the coast of Antarctica and nearby islands
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any large species of penguin of the genus Aptenodytes; esp., Aptenodytes longirostris, of the Falkland Islands and Kerguelen Land, and Aptenodytes Patagonica, of Patagonia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The great or Pennant's penguin, Aptenodytes pennanti or A. rex.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large penguin on islands bordering the Antarctic Circle
Sorry, no etymologies found.