from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A South American tree (Dalbergia cearensis) with hard, fine-textured, purplish-brown wood used in cabinetmaking.
- n. The wood of this tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A Brazilian tree having a violet-brown, hard texture
- n. The wood of this tree, used in cabinetmaking
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Brazilian wood believed to be derived from a species of Dalbergia (Triptolemæa), but by some referred to Brya Ebenus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Brazilian tree yielding a handsome cabinet wood
- n. handsome violet-streaked wood of the kingwood tree; used especially in cabinetwork
Sorry, no etymologies found.