American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A place renowned for its frivolous activity.
- n. A state of mind characterized by unrealistic expectations or a lack of seriousness.
- n. A state of mind characterized by a frivolous or unrealistic lack of seriousness.
- Possibly from Los Angeles (Wiktionary)
- After L(os) A(ngeles) . (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘la-la land’.
You'll definitely need a map. Inspired by Son of Groucho's comment on Islets of Langerhans.
slough of despond, pit of despair, den of iniquity, islets of langerhans, hippocampus, boulevard of brok..., canals of hering, hesselbach's tria..., crypts of lieberkühn, angle of louis, circle of willis, traube's space and 102 more...
Countries, lands, cities that capture, or haunt, our dreams. Some of the places listed might be the names of actual localities, but here they are states of mind.
Looking for tweets for la-la land.