from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- The kidney vetch, Anthyllis vulneraria; called also lady's fingers.
- A variety of small cake of about the dimensions of a finger.
- A long, slender variety of the potato.
- One of the branchiæ of the lobster.
- A tall coarse annual (Abelmoschus esculentus) of Old World tropics widely cultivated in southern U. S. and West Indies for its long mucilaginous green pods used as basis for soups and stews; it is sometimes placed in the genus Hibiscus.
Sorry, no etymologies found.