from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having the shape of the Greek letter lambda.
- adj. Anatomy Relating to the deeply serrated suture in the skull between the parietal bones and the occipital bone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Shaped like the Greek letter lambda:
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Shaped like the Greek letter lambda (Λ).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having the shape of the Greek capital lambda (
Λ): specifically applied in anatomy to the suture between the supraoccipital and the two parietal bones of the skull, which has this form in man. See cut under cranium.
from the Greek letter λάμδα (lambda) (Wiktionary)