from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A type of luxury fabric with a background weft.
- n. An inflammation and swelling of the soft parts of the palate immediately behind the foreteeth in a horse.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An inflammation and swelling of the soft parts of the roof of the mouth immediately behind the fore teeth in the horse; -- called also lampers.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In farriery, a congestion and swelling of the fleshy lining of the roof of the mouth immediately behind the fore teeth in the horse. It soon subsides if left to itself.
- n. Pl. lampades (-pa-dēz). An early quasi-generic or collective name of the lampshells, or such of the arthropomatous brachiopods as were known a century ago, especially Terebratulidæ.
- n. A genus of Foraminifera: same as Robulina.
- n. A genus of gastropods, closely related to Ravella.
- n. Originally, Chinese flowered silk; hence, in modern times, a material of decorative character for upholstery, made of silk and wool.
French lampas. (Wiktionary)