from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by a sensation of cutting, piercing, or stabbing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of lancinate.
- adj. Sharp, stabbing or piercing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Piercing; seeming to pierce or stab.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. painful as if caused by a sharp instrument
From lancinate, to stab, from Latin lancināre, lancināt-, to lacerate.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)